A relatively short blog post this week. We have arrived in our new home village, Ramotswa on Friday, having been sworn in as Official Peace Corps Volunteers by the American Ambassador to BW, Stephen Nolan on Thursday. It is so good to have our own space and be able to prepare our own food. We have been unpacking our belongings and settling in. The first day of "work" will be tomorrow for both of us. We came in to the office today Sunday to use the internet and had our first Skype call, which does work. We are looking forward to be able to communicate with any of you that are Skypers, now that we are here. I will have pretty regular internet access each work day. Maureen's may be less frequent at the school, but no doubt she will come over here to stay in touch. We hope eventually to have internet in our house, but that may be a 3-4 month process, so we are told.
For now, enjoy the movie below. This was taken about four weeks ago at a cultural heritage site that we visited. I also took some brief video of all the volunteers in our group, but did a better job at getting the males than the females before they hustled us off to see the ancient rock paintings. I have several other videos that I will be posting in the near future, including close-ups of most all the trainees at our final host family thank you party. Stay tuned
No comments:
Post a Comment